Thursday 14 June 2012

Vocabulary Homework

In your new learning journal, write down 5 new vocabulary words that you learned this week and their definitions. Note whether the word is a noun, verb, adjective, adverb etc. Underline the stressed syllable. Copy an example sentence from the dictionary. Finally, write your own sentence using the new word.

Writing down and using new vocabulary words will help you retain them.

Please hand in your journals to me on Monday.

Look up definitions in this wonderful online learner's dictionary. Just type your word into this box:



Example:

to deserve

(verb) used to say that someone or something should or should not have or be given something

She deserves another chance.

I didn't deserve to fall off my bicycle.

3 comments:

  1. I did it for my first time and it seems useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I come to this wonderful website ,which has many practices based on English. Thanks you, Andrea for improving our English levels by using this terrific website.

    ReplyDelete