Tuesday 11 December 2012

Would you like to come over?


Review the language we use for extending, accepting and declining invitations.

 Invitations
This website does not work with Firefox. Please Internet Explorer or Safari instead.


Here are some useful expressions you can use for making, accepting and refusing invitations.


Inviting

- We're having a few people over. We'd like you to join us.

- I was wondering if you'd like to come over.
- We're having a small get-together. Would you like to come?
- Would you like to come over?
- I'd like to invite you to my house.
- I hope you can make it.
- I'd like to invite you over for coffee.

Accepting Invitations


- We'd love to come.

- That's really nice. I'm sure my husband would like that. We'd love to come.
- I appreciate the invitation. What can I bring?
- That sounds great! Thanks for inviting me.
- I'm looking forward to it.
- Can I bring anything?
- What time should I be there?
- Let me know if I can bring anything.

Declining Invitations


- Sorry, I'd love to come, but I'm busy.

- I'd love to come, but I can't make it.
- I'd like to, but I have a meeting that day.
- I wish I could come, but I have an appointment.
- Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm afraid I have other plans that day.

Hesitating


- Thanks, but I have to check my calendar. Can I get back to you?

- I'm not sure what my plans are. Can I let you know?

2 comments:

  1. Andrea
    Thanks a lot for spending extra time and usful informations to us.We can study in school and also at home.
    you are very kind and responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I really appreciate that you,re thinking about who is not attending the class.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete